The KiteFix self-adhesive Dacron black repair tape is ideal to reinforce a GluFix and FiberFix to fix tears and rips in the leading edge and struts of an inflatable kite. It is also used to repair ripped canopy, sail, windsurfing sail, tents, sleeping bags, bag packs, and pads in a minute.
The Dacron tape will provide the strength needed to repair small cuts without creating a huge mess to undo later if you decided to get the repair done professionally. It can also be used in a pinch if traveling to fix small cuts in the sail to keep you on the water.
Sold as a roll with 2" wide x 48" long.
INSTRUCTION TO USE:
- Clean area of the kite (you can use Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol)
- Layout area to be repaired flat on a table and remove all wrinkles
- Round corners of the tape
- Place tape over the cut area. Do not pull or stretch the tape. Tape should go beyond the cut by at least 1/2"
- Match another piece of tape on the opposite side if possible
REPAIR NOTE: Ideal for small to medium cuts, requires stitching for a permanent repair. When ordering multiple feet it will be sent in one continuous length.