The Q-PowerLine Pro is made with a linear core line surrounded by a protective jacket. Traditional fly lines are made from a woven Spectra that over time will relax and allow water, salt, and other grime to penetrate into the weave and make the line "settle" to a shorter length. Since the internal fibers of Q-PowerLine Pro are linear, there is no "settling" or "stretch" of the lines since there is no weave. The protective jacket is woven in an extremely tight braid and does not allow for dirt or salt particles to get embedded in the line. These properties dramatically increase the lifespan of the line for normal kite-flying use.
The Q-PowerLine Pro line is thinner and stronger than the regular Q-PowerLine thanks to the new linear Spectra core. In a round braid, the effective diameter is minimized while retaining the strength meaning less drag and more performance. Q-Power helps you feel what the kite is doing, improves kite responsiveness, minimizes the need to "retune" the line lengths, and reduces the kite's instability.
Simply put, Q-PowerLine Pro is the best combination of fiber, overbraid, strength, longevity, anti-tangling, and drag-reduction ever produced for kitesurfing and power kite applications.
- Spectra 2000 Linear Fiber for the highest strength/weight ratio
- Round braid line with linear core minimizes drag with almost zero percent stretch
- High modulus (stiffness) reduces tangling, especially in the water
- Unique, extremely tight overbraid increases stiffness, resists dirt pickup and allows for tying knots to adjust length without weakening line
- PU Coated, it's self-lubricating for smooth action