Perfect for all wind, kite, board surfers, sailors, and wind observatory!
The WeatherFlow WINDmeter - is a pocket-sized anemometers that capture highly accurate wind measurements. It's the first hardware product created for the general wind & weather-addicted community.
They connect to your iOS or Android device with the free Wind & Weather Meter app to archive or share critical weather information. Hold it up high facing into the wind. Your phone does the rest by recording the wind speed (average, lull and gust), wind direction and location.
The WINDmeter, although not a scientific instrument, is designed to be better than any other handheld anemometer. It's operating range extends from the smallest puff (2 mph) to well over hurricane force winds (125 mph). The WINDmeter is accurate to the larger of +/- 0.5% of the reading or 0.2 mph at up to 15° off-axis. That means even if you don't hold it directly into the wind, you'll still get very accurate wind speed information.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod, and all major Android* devices.
- Records the wind speed (average, lull and gust), wind direction and location
- Accurate to the larger of +/- 0.5% of the reading or 0.1 m/s (0.2 mph) at up to 15° off-axis
- Reads in meters/second, miles/hour, knots, kilometers/hour, & beaufort scale
- Range is from 1 m/s (2 mph) to 56 m/s (125 mph)
- Resolution is 0.1 m/s (0.1 mph)
- Rugged and eco-friendly packaging that serves as a reusable storage case
- Share onsite reports with WeatherFlow, Instagram, Vine, Twitter, SMS, Email, and Facebook
- Wind speed (avg, gust, apparent, true)
- Wind direction (magnetic, true)
- Crosswind, headwind, tailwind
- Plugs into 3.5mm audio jack
The WeatherFlow WINDmeter plugs the standard 3.5mm audio jack on your iOS or Android device. It works with most devices that provide enough power via the audio jack for the WINDmeter to operate.
*Android Compatability: Certain features such as wind direction require sensors to be present in your phone. Without these additional senses in your Android device, you will still have access to most features (Wind Speed etc).